Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Amour


"I am thinking it's a sign,
that the freckles in our eyes are mirror images,
and when we kiss they're perfectly aligned..."

Last night, Tony and I took a huge step in our relationship.
I finally feel like I can trust him enough to open up my heart and talk to him about things.

He did push me a little bit.

He told me he has a hard time talking to me about personal things when I can never open up to him.
I know I'm secluded.
I rarely speak my mind.
I try to seem bubbly and happy all the time.
Sometimes I am.

"...And I have to speculate,
that God himself did make us into corresponding shapes,
like puzzle pieces from the clay..."

So I told him. The big one.
I broke down completely and really haven't felt the same since.
It's nerve-racking to think about "what if."
What if he told?
Does he judge me?
What if he says something to that person?

"...And true,
it may seem like a stretch,
but it's thoughts like this that catch my troubled head
When you're away and I am missing you to death..."

He won't.
I trust him.
He doesn't judge me.
It's not my fault. He can't.
I know he cares and that he knows how important this is to me.
I know he loves me.
And I love him.
I love him.

"...They will see us waving from such great heights.
'Come down now,' they'll say.
But everything looks perfect from far away.
'Come down now.'
But we'll stay."
-Such Great Heights by, Dusty Dewan

No comments:

Post a Comment