Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Subtle changes


Splashes of red, gold, and brown are beginning to paint the leaves,
signifying change.
Mornings and evenings are crisp and cool,
while the afternoons, warm.
The sun wraps its arms around me and I never want to leave outside.
Flavors of spicy cinnamon and nutmeg,
sweet pumpkin and juicy, tart apples.
The smell of dead leaves reminds me that summer's life is fading quickly,
soon to turn into the bitter cold of winter.
Everything is changing, including me.
I'm making subtle changes.
My diet.
I'm running.
I'm trying to be a better person for myself and others.
Perhaps this is what I need to get through the annual depression that
the cold brings me...
To create life of that which is dead within me.
Splashes of true joy, true happiness, and love paint my face,
signifying change.

Painting (acrylic on panel): Duy Huynh, "Awakening (Metamorphasis of the Leaf Butterfly)"

No comments:

Post a Comment