Monday, October 4, 2010

Peacemaker


So many times
she's cried to me,
yelled at me,
lied to me.

So many times
she's hurt me,
bruised me,
disturbed me.

I've cried because she wouldn't listen.
I've cried because she destroyed things dear to my heart.
But this time, it was different.

She called me last night,
in sheer agony
and terror.
I could barely comprehend her words,
so sloppily meshed with her sobs and tears.

She's just a baby,
only 17,
carrying a burden heavier than I've ever known,
a baby of her own.

This time she came to me,
scared,
alone,
unsure of what to do.

Her man doesn't want her anymore.
She's too terrified to even tell mom and dad.

"You're not a failure,
life is full of unexpected surprises.
This could be a beautiful thing," I told her.
I tried to be positive.
She's not ready.
She's like an infant, trying to pick up a huge boulder.
It's so heavy, it's crushing her to the ground.

So many times
I've cared for her,
relaxed her,
been there for her.

So many times
I've forgiven her,
made her smile,
and driven her.

It means a lot that she came to me.
It shows that even though I never recognized it before,
she does love me.
She does appreciate everything.
And for that,
I'd do anything for my sister.
I wish her courage, strength, and an optimistic mind through all of this.
Because really,
I appreciate and love her, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment